Sometimes, you’re shopping for a bargain; sometimes you want to drive something more luxurious. As your resource for researching new car pricing, trends, and forecasting, Aspire FCU and TrueCar are working to help new-car shoppers find a great buy on their perfect vehicle through Aspire’s Member Showroom at https://aspirefcu.truecar.com/main.html. This week, we’re focusing on great discounts available on luxury utility vehicles.
Regardless of whether your preference for luxury comes in large or small packages, this week’s deals offer something for every luxury utility shopper’s needs, with potential savings ranging from 6.1% to 12.4%. Market average pricing on these new cars demonstrates a range of discounts off Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Pricing (MSRP) equaling as much as $7,533 off these five luxury sport/utility vehicles.
1) The best value on the list of luxury sport utility vehicles is Lincoln’s popular Navigator. This full-size luxury utility vehicle starts with an MSRP of $60,935, but its national market average is much lower at $53,402; that’s 12.4 percent — or a whopping $7,533 — less than the suggested MSRP of the full-size luxury utility vehicle. By the way, if you’re shopping for a Lincoln-branded SUV, now would be a good time to mention that the other two luxury utility vehicles in the Lincoln portfolio are also well discounted right now. The five-seat 2012 Lincoln MKX luxury crossover vehicle is demonstrating discounts around 10.7%, bringing its MSRP down from $40,420 to $36,087 for a savings of as much as $4333. Meanwhile the larger seven-passenger 2012 Lincoln MKT AWD with EcoBoost engine sees discounts of 10.2% or $4,816 off its $47,210 MSRP.
2) In second place, the national market average of the luxurious BMW X5 35d with xDrive is $52,690; that’s a potential savings of 11.7 percent — or up to $7,005 — less than the $59,695 MSRP of BMW’s diesel-powered crossover utility vehicle.
3) The third vehicle on this week’s list of great deals is the 2012 Acura MDX AWD, with a national market average of $49,318; offering a potential savings of 7.9 percent — or up to $4,232 — less than the $53,550 MSRP for Acura’s seven-passenger luxury utility vehicle.
4) The Infiniti FX35 comes in fourth place on the list with a national market average price of $42,426 and a potential discount of 7.2 percent or $3,224 off the $44,650 MSRP of Infiniti’s performance crossover.
5) Finally, this week’s collection of deals also includes the uber-pricey 2012 Mercedes-Benz GL550, carrying a national market average price of $80,891. While a 6.1 percent discount might not seem like much, it adds up to as much as $5,284 off the $86,175 MSRP of the super-large, super-luxurious seven-passenger utility vehicle.
|Steals on Wheels: July 18 to 24, 2012 – Luxury Utility Vehicle Edition|
|Year Make Model Trim||MSRP||Market Average*||$ Savings||% Savings**||City / Hwy / Comb MPG|
|2012 Lincoln Navigator L 2WD 4dr||$60,935||$53,402||$7,533||12.4%||14 / 20 / 16.8|
|2012 BMW X5 AWD 4dr 35d||$59,695||$52,690||$7,005||11.7%||19 / 26 / 22.3|
|2012 Acura MDX AWD 4dr Advance Pkg||$53,550||$49,318||$4,232||7.9%||16 / 21 / 18.4|
|2012 Infiniti FX35 RWD 4dr||$44,650||$41,426||$3,224||7.2%||16 / 23 / 19.2|
|2012 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class 4MATIC 4dr GL550||$86,175||$80,891||$5,284||6.1%||12 / 17 / 14.3|
*Market Average is estimated based on the national average of recent vehicle transactions, including destination and delivery charges after incentives that are subject to change, but does not include tax, title, licensing, documentation or processing fees, other state and governmental charges and/or fees, or any other charges or fees allowed by law. **Percent Discount is rounded to the nearest tenth.
Aspire’s Member Showroom at https://aspirefcu.truecar.com/ can help you save time and money and ensure a hassle-free car-buying experience. And once you’ve found your perfect vehicle in our Online Member Showroom, be sure to call a Loan Expert at 855.MY CU LOAN. Our members save an average of $2,000 over the life of their loan by financing with us over the dealer.
If you’ve already secured an auto loan with Aspire, leave us a comment and let us know how much you saved by choosing us for financing!