Here at Aspire, we are often asked how we are different from traditional banking institutions. While we offer similar services, we have managed to make our options more attractive, more affordable, and better for your savings. But why don’t we let the numbers speak for themselves?
- Monthly checking accounts: Many banks charge a fee for a monthly checking account and this fee can be up to $35/month. With Aspire you will never pay a monthly maintenance fee for your checking account which includes both basic and rewards checking services.
- 1 year Share Certificate: Certificates of deposit will usually get you a slightly better rate from a traditional savings account at a bank, but they are still in the range of about 0.20% – 0.28% compared to the 1.05% APY currently offered at Aspire.
- 2 year Share Certificate: Adding time to your certificate will get you a better rate, but even then traditional banks simply cannot compete with the rates we can offer: a mere 0.30% – 0.35% APY compared to 1.25% from Aspire.
- 3 year Share Certificate: Even if you want to keep your money safe for a few years, it is better off at Aspire: compare our 1.39% APY* to the 0.35% – 0.40% traditional banks offer and your choice is clear.
- New auto loans: Members seeking auto loans will also appreciate our improved interest rates as low as 1.99% APR** compared to the average 2.49% – 4.13% available from other banking institutions.
What about the bells and whistles?
Big banks have cool features, so naturally you’re wondering if you’re going to have to give those up with a credit union. You’ll be happy to know Aspire FCU has state-of-the-art online banking and mobile banking platforms. Features include:
- Free Bill Pay Service
- Person-to-person transfers with Popmoney
- Purchase Rewards: get discounts for the types of stores and restaurants you like to go to
- Mobile deposit
- …and many more!
But how do I get my money?
Another concern is ATM and branch locations, but Aspire FCU (and many other credit unions) are part of the third largest network in the country. There are 70,000+ surcharge-free ATMs, 5,300 branches and 1,800 self-serve kiosks in the network.
Sound good? Join today!
* APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Rates are subject to change at any time without notice. Call 732-388-0477 for the most recent rates. A penalty will be imposed for early withdrawal from Share Certificates. There is a ten (10) calendar day grace period at maturity. Deposits insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA.
** APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Published rate is base rate available for new auto loans for qualified borrowers only, including AutoPay discount. Actual rate based on individual creditworthiness. Rates and terms subject to change at any time.